বিগত সালের BCS Preliminary- তে এখান থেকে প্রশ্ন এসেছে
Charles John Huffam Dickens (7 February 1812 – 9 June 1870) was an English writer and social critic. He created some of the world’s best-known fictional characters and is regarded as the greatest novelist of the Victorian era. His works enjoyed unprecedented(নজিরবিহীন, অভূতপূর্ব) popularity during his lifetime, and by the twentieth century critics and scholars had recognized him as a literary genius. His novels and short stories enjoy lasting popularity.
The Pickwick Papers,
The adventure of Oliver Twist,
A Christmas Carol- এটি ছোট উপন্যাস বা Novella. (৩৯তম বিসিএস প্রিলিমিনারি)
David Copperfield- Autobiography-সৎবাবার অত্যাচারের কাহিনী বর্ণিত হয়েছে। ,
A Tale of Two Cities-ফরাসি বিপ্লবের প্রেক্ষিতে প্যারিস ও লন্ডন শহর দুটি নিয়ে লেখা,
Great Expectations- Most Polpular
The Old Curiosity Shop
Plays: A Tale of Two Cities, The Frozen Deep, No Thoroughfare, The Goblins
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
- We need never be ashamed of our tears.
- Charity begins at home and justice begins next door. (Great Expectations)
Charles Dickens vividly drawn a “character” throughout his novels is London itself. From the coaching inns on the outskirts of the city to the lower reaches of the Thames, all aspects of the capital are described over the course of his body of work.